Skip Navigation Links
Free Seller's Permit
Pricing / Fees
Free Seller's Permit Quiz
Get Free Seller's Permit
What Permits Do I Need?

Here Are The Permits, Tax  ID Number(s) & Other Registrations Required When Starting a Business

  • All Businesses need a Business Permit  & an Fictitious Business Name.
  • If you are a retailer or wholesaler, you will need minimum a Sellers Permit  , & a Business Permit  .

  • If you hire workers,  you will need minimum  a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN)   & State Employer Permit , & a Business Permit .

  • Corporations and LLC s need minimum a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN)  & a Business Permit .
  • Partners need minimum a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN)   a Fictitious Business Name  & a Business Permit .

  •  Sole Owner/Proprietors may get and use a Federal Tax Id Number (EIN)   as a Business Permit ID Number   & also minimum need a Business Permit .
  • Instead of filing an Fictitious Business Name , you can choose Incorporation or form an LLC  & You will not need an Fictitious Business Name